Thursday, May 19, 2011

Desmond

Good News, our little Desmond was discharged from the hospital yesterday. 

As you may remember, he was the little infant with the bad staph skin infection that looked like a burn.

His father thanked me for all the care we had given him and his mother was beaming to take her little infant home recovered from his infection. 


I would also like to share with those following this blog some of the other sites I have enjoyed.  The land is full of life and newborn animals along the countryside.  I cannot help but enjoy the beauty of Cameroon and in particular this area.  After my work in the hospital and clinic I often get to take hikes nearby both on the grounds of the hospital and in the village and area beyond.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Eddy,
    Great news! What a lovely photo of Desmond and his Mother. How quickly you have made a difference.

    The Cameroon landscape is beautiful. Somehow I expected it to be arid, rather than so green. Sweet animals, too. Ouch! Is the photo of the piglets supposed to make me feel guilty? Well, I don't!

    It's wonderful to be following your work, the difficult moments and those that shine.
    Cheers,
    Alice

    ReplyDelete