Friday, May 6, 2011

Thanksgiving

This is my final posting before I actually depart on my mission and adventure.  As I leave Los Angeles I would like to thank all the folks that have been so wonderful in allowing me to make this trip.  I of course want to thank my dear wife, Mary Lou, for all her support and understanding that makes me free to go and assist in Njinikom, Cameroon.  My associate, Dr. Sheila Phillips, for holding down the fort at the office while I jet away to distant lands.  Elise Frederick at Mission Doctors Association (MDA) and the Board for their support.  And all the fantastic individuals who have contributed to my mission, which is allowing me to take some much needed medicines and medical supplies.  And of course to all my dear friends who have wished me well and hosted and toasted me before I depart.    

On the other end of my journey I wish to thank Dr. Jim Hake and his wife Terry for hosting me at the Mission Hospital and Sister Xaveria for extending the invitation for my mission.

And thank you to all my patients and their families for their enthusiastic interest and encouragement. Patients, Sophia and Stevie share a parting song below.

And thanks, Jessica, in the MDA office for establishing and maintaining this blog site
 
Next Stop...Cameroon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment